Menu
deankm
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My old PAYG Virgin Mobile has No Service and Virgin Media no longer have my details

I turned on my old PAYG Virgin Mobile and it told me that it has No Service.  

I was then unable login in to my Virgin Account with the correct login and password and when submitting the phone number and details I get advised that, "Sorry - we can't seem to find you on our system".

How do I get everything re-activated and my unspent credit back?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My old PAYG Virgin Mobile has No Service and Virgin Media no longer have my details

Hi deankm. Not necessarily good news. VM have a requirement (as do all mobile phone providers) that you use your phone once every 180 days. If you don't the number is cancelled, probably for eventual reassignment (numbers are NOT unlimited) and your outstanding credit is lost.

There might be another reason why your phone isn't working but what I have described is the usual cause.

You can try and see if your phone might be reactivated. Phone VM on 0345 6000 789 (fixed line could be chargeable) or free on 150 from a VM fixed line phone.

Welcome to the Forums.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My old PAYG Virgin Mobile has No Service and Virgin Media no longer have my details

Hi deankm. Not necessarily good news. VM have a requirement (as do all mobile phone providers) that you use your phone once every 180 days. If you don't the number is cancelled, probably for eventual reassignment (numbers are NOT unlimited) and your outstanding credit is lost.

There might be another reason why your phone isn't working but what I have described is the usual cause.

You can try and see if your phone might be reactivated. Phone VM on 0345 6000 789 (fixed line could be chargeable) or free on 150 from a VM fixed line phone.

Welcome to the Forums.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.