Menu
PGibbs84
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My new sim card doesn't exist apparently

So I ordered a pay monthly sim card, it arrived a few days ago. When I called up to give them my pac code and swap my number over, I was told the number I had been given for my new sim didn't exist and wasn't on the system.

After an hour on the phone and 3 different people, I was told to call back the next day. When I rang the next day, 30 minutes later I was told an "IT ticket" had been raised, and to call back after the weekend.

It still hasn't been resolved today, nobody knows what's going on, my PAC code has now expired, I am being charged an extra month by my existing provider, and am now also being charged for my defunct Virgin sim.

Anybody got any idea what I can do please?!?!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new sim card doesn't exist apparently

First thing, as you are still with your old provider is get a new PAC code. Virgin will not be able to transfer the number now the old code has expired.

If it is a 30 day sim I would give Virgin another week to sort things out and then look for a new provider if they don't

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new sim card doesn't exist apparently

Hi PGibbs84

Thanks for taking the time to join us on the community and for popping by with your post about the SIM card issue that you had when trying to port your number to us. My apologies this has caused you any inconvenience Smiley Sad

I have taken a look at the account and can see that since your post to us, you chatted to our Webchat team on that same day, and they were able to arrange to get the number successfully ported over. An IT request had previously been raised to resolve the issues we were having in getting this transferred for you, and this helped our webchat team facilitate this transfer for you when you spoke to them.

Please keep us posted if you need anything else from us Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos