Menu
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My new micro sim will not work

I ordered a new micro sim to replace the standard sim on my old phone, texted READY to virgin and received a text back saying my new sim should be working within 24 hours.  It's been about 36 hours and I have no network on either phone.  I can't ring virgin, and the live chat isn't working as usual-can anyone help here?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My new micro sim will not work

Can you ring 0345 6000 789 from another phone?

0 Kudos
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not a very helpful forum is it-can't virgin pay some people to actually help people here? For my problem of a new sim not working I borrowed someone's phone to end up on hold forever.  Live chat was down for the four hours I tried-what is the excuse this time???  My sim finally came to life after 40 hours.  I've just cancelled my broadband, time to cancel the mobile-I've spent far too long on hold only to promised things that never happen.  Awful company with no customer service-and the prices keep going up!  Another customer lost and I will never recommend you to anyone-good work virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi busheypark,

I'm sorry to hear that you have cancelled your broadband and are considering also cancelling your mobile service as well as a delay in your SIM card activation.

If your query requires an urgent response, we ask that you get in touch on 789 or 0345 6000 789 or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us, but due to high demand on the line and with WebChat, I understand that you weren't able to get through within a reasonable time. We also provide support via Virgin Media on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter (@virginmedia).

Apologies for the inconvenience these issues have caused.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos