Menu
EOF
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My mobile wont allow me to make calls abroad??

Afternoon all

My mobile wont allow me to make calls while abroad - in France.  I have checked and the toggle is ON for roaming - so what now?  I do not want to have to go through the process of CS only to be passed from pillar to post to be asked the same questions by each new CS rep.  Can someone from Virgin fix this problem???????

0 Kudos
Andrew1010
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My mobile wont allow me to make calls abroad??

VM appear to have a major issue with roaming cals and data, at least in southern Europe. I have learnt:

-Their helpline and some other roaming seviced have been unavailable for significant periods. I'm the last 4 weeks.
-They appear to have a problem with account roaming settings resetting back off....so keep checking them
- Email theteam@virginmobile.com , who will help but are very overloaded and therefore expect long waits

This Forum only seems to get the ' have you tried turning it off and on again' level of info
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi EOF,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues making calls while abroad. Firstly, we'll need to check that roaming is enabled correctly on our side.

So we can get this looked into for you, you would need to give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone so the team can ensure roaming is enabled. If everything looks okay on our side, we can run further checks to make sure this is looked into as soon as possible.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi EOF,

Did you manage to give us a call regarding this?

Please let me know if there's anything you need.

Have a great weekend,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
EOF
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't hold out a lot of hope on this. I have read so many negative reviews about other Virgin customers not being able to use their phones abroad and it's always us, the customer who have to do all the leg work when it's actually a VM issue. I've called previously to have this all set up and was assured that it would work. So I am now being asked to call again at my expense....... same old, same old. Wouldn't it be refreshing if someone from VM actually called the customer to fix the issue!!
0 Kudos