Menu
bigula
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My mobile won't connect in France. I can't get any help from your site. Please sort this out.

I'm a new pay monthly customer. I am in France and my new mobile won't connect to anything. I never had this problem with my old crappy Tesco £14 phone on Vodafone payg. The help on your site is non-existent. I have no landline here. I sent an email to yourselves but got no reply. Please sort this out, the service is very poor.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My mobile won't connect in France. I can't get any help from your site. Please sort this ou

You would have needed to switch roaming on before leaving the UK to make sure you could connect okay.

If you ring in to the V mobile help people they may be able to switch it on their end, but how the signal would get to your phone (as it isnt connecting to a network) is another story...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My mobile won't connect in France. I can't get any help from your site. Please sort this ou

Hi bigula,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Kippies is correct. You'd need to call us to enable roaming. We're currently performing some maintenance on our side to make your experience even better.

Give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone tomorrow and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bigula
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No help at all.  I eventually got through to someone on that number (after several long expensive waits using my French mobile) and was told the system is being "upgraded" so roaming could not be enabled on my phone.  I was told to log into the website, using my mobile account, where I could enable roaming myself under the settings tab.  There is no settings tab.

Now what? do I have to incur more expense ringing that number again (and being put on hold etc) until such time as you are able to do the necessary?

This is really poor.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigula,

Thanks for coming back to me.

You can enable this by going into your online account > My plans and Devices > Manage services and then toggle roaming to on.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos