Menu
waji
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My iPhone 6S is connected to wifi but virgin mobile is still charging me for data, £2 every day.

Hi All,

My iPhone 6S is connected to wifi but virgin mobile is still charging me for data, £2 every day.

I am really frustrated about this. When I rang, the advice was to switch off mobile data every time I come home and switching it on every time I go out of the house. The advisor told me that 'It was only three taps'! I am trying to cancel but going nowhere. I did not have this problem when I was with Three Mobile. I think this is a scam Smiley Mad. Can anybody help me?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My iPhone 6S is connected to wifi but virgin mobile is still charging me for data, £2 every day.

Sorry that's Android setting not Apple, you'll need to look yourself
sharkman3d
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My iPhone 6S is connected to wifi but virgin mobile is still charging me for data, £2 every day.

go to settings then mobile data and scroll all the way down till you see wi-fi assist toggle it off

all it does is make sure you dont connect to your data if you have a poor wifi connection 

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You need to check on your phone to see if wifi is switching off at night, it's a common setting  and your far from the first to complain.
Go to settings
Wifi
Settings (3 Dots top right)

keep wifi on during sleep

google stuff and other apps can auto update overnight if you've not changed those settings 

emails can pop up over night as well

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry that's Android setting not Apple, you'll need to look yourself
sharkman3d
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

go to settings then mobile data and scroll all the way down till you see wi-fi assist toggle it off

all it does is make sure you dont connect to your data if you have a poor wifi connection 

ChrisDolan
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have exactly the same issue. It is a scam. If you are over any internet allowance you should be asked if you wish to connect at £2 every day. But they don't ask. Just discovered they have taken £80 from me the past couple of months with this. Sadly we have move, daughter had an op, father got ill, and passed away these months, so didn't scan my bills before today. Odd thing is that in 12 months this never happened till the past three months. Something very odd going on. They must have updated terms and conditions or some such thing to extort money like this.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisDolan, 

I am sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with data charges, I have read a different post from yourself as well about the issue, and I think between the 2 posts I have enough information to suggest it may be worthwhile for me to check your account. 

If you’re happy to do this I will shortly send you a private message to request some account information. 

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
waji
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am glad to say that I moved on to three network and quite happy. I learnt my lesson. I agree with you, it has to be a scam and illegal (Or at least bad business ethics).

0 Kudos