Menu
RobbieNewton
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

My fiancee ordered a phone earlier, but has had no confirmation e-mail and can't login

So she is new to Virgin Mobile, whilst I have had a Virgin Account for a while. She ordered a phone around an hour ago and has not had the confirmation e-mail yet.  Furthermore, we were told that the e-mail and password she used whilst ordering the phone could be instantly used to login to the mobile part of the website, but the details are not recognised, and when I click "Forgotten password" to put in the e-mail address, it doesn't recognise the e-mail address. I have tried calling the team on the number, but I was on hold for fifteen minutes earlier. Is anyone else having this problem?

If it helps, we were recommended to the online store by an instore worker, as we couldn't get the order in store due to a problem with the systems, but he took the e-mail then. 

Edit: There is no hyphen or anything like that in the e-mail.

0 Kudos
RobbieNewton
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: My fiancee ordered a phone earlier, but has had no confirmation e-mail and can't login

Now, its a few hours later, and there is no e-mail yet, and still cannot get into the account online.
0 Kudos
leah_no1auntie
Up to speed
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: My fiancee ordered a phone earlier, but has had no confirmation e-mail and can't login

i ordered a phone a few days ago and nothing according to virgin i did not even order anything did you take note of the ref number ?

0 Kudos
CrazyCooter
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

im having a similar problem to tried ordering a phone for over a week now online and over the phone there's a problem since the new site update been waiting for a call back for four days now been a customer of vm over ten years not happy thinking about going back to three 

0 Kudos
RobbieNewton
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Glad its not just us. We are going to cancel the order though. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

RobbieNewton wrote:
Now, its a few hours later, and there is no e-mail yet, and still cannot get into the account online.

Without wanting to sound condescending, you have checked spam folders and that?

0 Kudos
RobbieNewton
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes checked everyone

0 Kudos
RobbieNewton
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I also had the order confirmatio npage saved from Chrome so have the Order Reference which I will be using for the cancellation

0 Kudos
uknightbreed
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Same problem ....
ordered an upgrade on the 1st and told I would receive it on the 2nd aslong as I sent my agreement email back by 5.
Got the confirmation email with order number saying the phone was on hold but didnt receive the agreement emails. Checked my account and it said order processing should be recived on the 2nd.

Waited in all day on the 2rd for phone or wondering if id get an email.

Friday 3rd , spoke on the phone for an hour , got told I needed to send the agreement back within 48 hours and that i probably didnt get them becouse either spam filters or my email dont wirk (total rubbish on both counts , the emails havent been sent ) , becouse i didnt send them back the order would be cancelled , so a new order would have to be set up , then that it couldnt be reordered becouse the old order was still active and that it couldnt be cancelled. Then that i would be phoned back in 15 minutes while he got IT to look at it .surprise surprise I didnt get a call.

Phoned saturday 4th , had to explain the situation all over again. Had to listen to the call center worker tell me again what I already knew . Told id get a call back within the hour while IT department looked at it . Again after 5 hours no call back.

Then I phoned back again , again explained I hadnt received the agreement emails , explained again that I hadnt got email filters and the emails couldnt have been sent , and that they could even try a different email address . Told the emails would be resent and if I filled them asap I would get the phone by tuesday. Again , still havent received the emails.

4 phonecalls over 4 hours , 4 different workers , 2 promises of emails not received , 2 callback promises ignored , 1 day waiting in incase phone was sent.... and yet still no closer getting my phone upgrade.

Ive been very very patient , but starting to get a bit miffed by all this.

Its like a merry go round. I guess tomorrow I will phone and go through the same again .... then again ... then again ...until I just get fed up trying and cancel my contract and just go to another company.
0 Kudos
uknightbreed
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

update on my upgrade ...... just phoned again ....... was told that the order was completed yesterday (it wasnt) ,that there was a lot of activity on my acccount yesterday (there wasnt it was sunday ) , that its pay as you go (it isnt) carphone wharehouse were mentioned (what the hell have I got anything to do with them) , then put on hold for 10 minutes , then told exactly what i already knew and have told every Virgin worker over and over again since last thursday.
that I should have got my emails (I didnt ) I maybe had spam filters (I havent) becouse I didnt send the emails back within 48 hours it should be cancelled (it isnt) they could reorder but they cant becouse the old order is still on the system and they can resend emails (they cant)
difference this time is im not told to give a few days and phone back again , while IT deoartment look at it.
well that department looked at it thursday friday saturday and today. My guess is IT department is a nickname for a thing that is hairy ,wears miniture dungerees eats bananas and flings his own feces around ?

This is completely shameful laughable and ridiculous. Ive never had to phone up any company so many times , be fobbed off so much , get a sense that im talking to utter clueless idiots and still not be any clearer what is going on.

Ive not lost my temper , there is no point. But serioysly virgin , your disgustingly bad.

Will I phone up in 2 days ? .... no I dont think I will. Ive waisted enough time and been mindnumbling infuriated enough. And I know I will just get another clueless individual , out of their depth , then put on hold , fed the same bs and still be stuck in a loop And no clearer.

You have broke my will to even try anymore.