Menu
J9KELLY
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My account mobile app error notice

I have been successfully using the virgin mobile app for quite a while to check my remaining minutes, texts and data. However, today I received a random email from virgin to say that they had removed 512mb from my data. As soon as I received this message I tapped my app to see what was going on. The app showed me an error message saying that I had to switch off my WiFi, and use 3G to reconnect! Any ideas my lovelies? I switch off WiFi but am then unable to access t'internet for some reason. Aaaggghhhhh! Technology and me don't seem to get along, any help gratefully received x
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My account mobile app error notice

Hi J9KELLY

Thanks for taking the time to post about the mobile app error you had the other day with us and my apologies this caused any concerns for you.

Initially when you log in through the app you would have to use 3G but you should then be able to select the option to use Wi-Fi going forwards for this.

If this is not allowing you access on either, then you can still access your account via Wi-Fi but using a browser rather than the app, until such times as the app becomes available to you again.

I am aware there is a current issue with Mobile Data on our network today, but please check back in on this thread throughout the day for updates if you are one of those affected by this issue. Rebooting the phone has also helped refresh the network for those affected too so give that a try if this is causing you an issue today.

Alternatively, you can contact the teams on 789 from your Virgin Mobile, or 0345 6000 789 from any other line. If you're a Virgin Media subscriber and have a landline with us too, you can get in touch with the teams to discuss the package you have with us and the 512Mb option, via 150- just select option 2 right at the beginning when you call.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos