Menu
pannsoln
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Account app keeps resetting

The app "My Account" needs to be authenticated before it can be used over WiFi.

It used to remember the authentication as long as it was accessed within 28 days if its previous use.

But for several weeks now, it resets itself every couple of days, so I need to authenticate it about 15 times a month.

I have already tried clearing its data, and the phone has even had a factory-level reset and an Android update during that time, but it continues to do this.

How can I fix this, please.

Android 5.1.1, unrooted.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Account app keeps resetting

Hi pannsolin,

Sorry to hear your having issues with our My Account app.

This is not something I've ever come across before. We don't currently have any issues listed for the My Account app. 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as a factory reset may not always clear this data.

Can you make sure you are able to log into Your Account online here as this may indicate a further issue.

Hope this helps.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pannsoln
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Stephen.

As irony has it, the app has not signed me out since I last posted. It has what doctors might call spontaneous remission.

If it should happen again, I'll post here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pannsoln,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear it been working ok for you.

Typical of technology isn't it. Did you switch it off and then back on againSmiley Happy

Let us know if you get any further issues.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pannsoln
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh, I've restarted the machine countless times, Stephen. Force stop the app; clear the data; restart the machine, even do a factory-level reset (albeit for a different reason)…

The only thing that worked was posting a request here!

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It uses a cookie and I assumed I was removing it running CCleaner but I have not ran CC this week and cookie is still lost, slight PIA to get it to work again.

0 Kudos
pannsoln
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't use apps like CCleaner or task killers. They are unnecessary on modern operating systems, especially Linux ones such as Android.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That is your opinion/choice, one I do not share and I get back a lot of my 16GB storage on my Moto X after running it weekly.

Very useful in Windows, do not use Loonsux and android is so advanced it still cannot do 24FPS for movies.  Smiley Wink

Moot point anyhow but was one of things that sprung to mind in my case.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pannsoln,

I can imagine how annoyingly frustrating this must have been. I blame my ever receding hairline on the countless fights with the technology in my house that decide to work after playing up randomly.

The joys of modern life.

Maybe when I replied using that smiley face it sent some hidden set of commands through my system to resolve this for youSmiley Happy

If the issue returns just get back to me there will be a smiley face waitingSmiley Happy

Pleasure speaking with you pannsoln

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos