Menu
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Multi media message

I write long texts and when it goes over a certain amouth of characters it converts to a multi media message now I always thought this would cost more as it sends as a picture message no?
I was told by Vigin team yesterday and was told it won't that I can just text away as ive unlimited text I would like this verified please.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Multi media message

Hi LilMo,

you are correct and you've been misinformed.

Long text messages that are converted by your phone into an MMS will incur a 40p charge.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have unlimited texts,but if a text exceeds 480 characters it is converted to MMS at 40p a time.
Depending on your phone there may be an app in the play store or App Store sropping you phone from converting them.
Also be aware that the new style emoji can cause the phone again to convert text to MMS
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah thank you goes to you also Im so delighted that you would answer my question also, actually you answered first but I appreciate everyones reply.

Thank you again AlexKid

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LilMo,

you are correct and you've been misinformed.

Long text messages that are converted by your phone into an MMS will incur a 40p charge.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have unlimited texts,but if a text exceeds 480 characters it is converted to MMS at 40p a time.
Depending on your phone there may be an app in the play store or App Store sropping you phone from converting them.
Also be aware that the new style emoji can cause the phone again to convert text to MMS
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wow would you believe that, that Virgin Media would give bad advice. Ive only sent 2 that I let convert to MMS yesterday but I will look for that app would you have anyidea what it is called or I will maybe just do a search, yes.

Thank you for your kind and rewarding help JOnh its great to know the right way of that, she told me just to go ahead and type on no matter about it converting that because I have unlimited text it is okay. Just goes to show you. I wonder was that their way to make more money out of the public though.

Thanks once again

Maureen

0 Kudos
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah thank you goes to you also Im so delighted that you would answer my question also, actually you answered first but I appreciate everyones reply.

Thank you again AlexKid

0 Kudos