Menu
Shaf
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Multi SIM - will virgin be offering this service.

Will Virgin be offering multi SIM, as a lot of people now have tablets laptops and multiple devices that need data. It can be a pain having to set your phone of tether and killing the battery all the time.

I believe EE are going to be introducing this in the coming months, would be nice if Virgin will be also providing this service.

Does anyone know if this is something Virgin is thinking about or not.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi SIM - will virgin be offering this service.

Would guess - that will be a big NO. lol

Tethering is not allowed with Virgin Sims, and I would guess that will include putting the SIM in a tablet or laptop for data use :-(
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure tethering is not allowed on VM? I was told be a CS agent that I can tether, and I have done it a few times now!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its specifically excluded in the TOS..

Whether they catch you or not is a different question.....

But Id agree with Teabag- no Multisim through VM for the foreseeable.

As for a CS agent telling you so...They told me VM had built their own network in my area so I could now get service despite not being able to get an EE signal. Luckily I'm not as green as I'm cabbage looking.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you goto main mobile page
http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile.html
Scroll to the bottom (legal stuff), click on general mobile and look near the end of first paragraph = Tethering and peer to peer file sharing prohibited.

As you say, you can do it - and I doubt they'll say anything unlesss you start taking the Mickey with it :-)
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're absolutely right it does say that, when I changed to the 20GB £15 tariff the CS agent told me the 3.5GB fair use policy (where they throttle your speed) doesn't apply to this tariff.. I asked about tethering and was told you can tethered on that plan...
I have learnt in the past the CS advisors can tell some massive porkies, but like I've said, I have tethered a few times and nothing has been said to me...
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1 right out of 2 - that's not bad going for 1st line CS. lol