Menu
richyc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving to poor/out of coverage area

It looks like I'm about to move to a poor/out of coverage area (new build estate) in NG21 9AU area. Earlier, when in the area, I had no signal but I did receive a number of CB messages (cell broadcast) with the code 01623. However, I'm on the "Starter" contract plan until 11th October 2016 (started 12th Oct 2014).

What would my options be? I'd ideally like to stay with Virgin Mobile (even though Virgin Media isn't in the area yet), but obviously I need a usable mobile (o2 is meant to be a good network in the area).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to poor/out of coverage area

Are you on a standard or freestyle contract?

If the latter, you only need to pay off the phone component - I'm pretty sure you can give notice on the tariff part. If it's a standard contract, you'll need to pay off the balance either in one chunk when you move, or over the remainder of the minimum term.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to poor/out of coverage area

Hi richyc

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I've run a check on the signal in this area on our Coverage Checker and it identifies the signal as being 'Very Good', so I'm not too sure why you received no signal when visiting the area previously.

There may have been a temporary issue with the cell in that area or your handset may have had a 'blip' meaning it didn't connect correctly.

I might be worth checking again when you're next in the area to see if you can get a connection.

As Gorf points out, if you took out a 'Freestyle' contract with us (where the tariff and and handset payments are split) you would be able to cancel the 'SIM Only' portion of this and continue to pay for the contract.

Just give us a call if you require further assistance and the team on 789 / 0345 600 0789 will be happy to help out with this Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos