Menu
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving my number and replacing with a ported one. Possible?

I don't know if this is possible, but I'm sure someone here will be able to tell me :-)

I have a Virgin pay monthly SIM-only contract and want to move the number onto a PAYG SIM. I've had the number for over 20 years and want to keep it - it was originally a One2One number which I ported to Virgin a few years ago. I want to replace this number, after it's been moved, with another which I currently have on T-Mobile, as I'm considering leaving T-Mobile as the Virgin contract I have is much cheaper and gives me more minutes and data.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving my number and replacing with a ported one. Possible?

Hi 55brianb,

Thanks for posting your query here.

This should be possible for you.

We should be able to cancel the rolling pay monthly SIM and default it back to Pay as you go. I would suggest then requesting a separate new SIM on which ever tariff you think will suit you and then using a PAC code obtained from your previous provider to port their number you wish to keep over to this new Virgin Mobile SIM.

Hope that makes senseSmiley Happy

To get this sorted give our mobile team a call on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

The SIM-only contract isn't available anymore, so I can't cancel it and get it back, hence my dilemma :-(

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 55brianb,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused with your response.

From what you've posted initially my response should accomplish what you've asked for.

I'm guessing that the package you wanted is no longer available from what you've stated. 

If I am missing something could you elaborate on your situation for me please.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos