Menu
killerbadboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Moved my number to virginmedia wish I had not

I decided to go with Virgin Mobile as my wife is also with Virgin Mobile so I requested a PAC code from my previous provider no problem, I contacted Virgin to give them the PAC code this was on a Sunday,I was informed the process would be complete on Tuesday.

It is now Thursday and the process is still awaiting completion I have lost so much business from customers not being able to contact me, I am so fed up of calling and having the phone put down on me twice (I am going to cancel my tariff)

When eventually I was through to someone today Thursday they informed me it would be 12 am Saturday.

So please be aware if you want to transfer your Mobile number from another provider I would expect it will be not as straight forward as you would expect

pc-mike798
Joining in
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved my number to virginmedia wish I had not

I have to admit that when I moved to Virgin and carried my number over, they were prompt and on time with their promises. However, the same can't be said when you want to leave and take your number with. I get no joy when trying to obtain my PAC Code. My previous provider before Virgin, you were able to obtain a PAC Code from their website. No such joy with Virgin.

killerbadboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yes my wife's number was also very prompt when moving from her previous provider to Virgin this is one of the reasons I did the same, It is very annoying but as there is nothing I can do i need to vent my issue here lol

0 Kudos
Coughcake
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree- their mobile service is awful and I have now transferred to EE- hope you get it sorted.
pc-mike798
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

How great minds think alike. I am also joining EE hence the need for my PAC code. I'm not leaving my number as I do a lot of business from my number which I've had for many years.

0 Kudos
killerbadboy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I do believe that Virgin Mobile use the EE network?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Killerbadboy,

Sorry to hear your experiencing delays with bringing your number over to us.

Sometimes number ports can experience delays.

I would like to get this sorted for you.

I will send you a private message shortly ( red envelope, top left hand side) to get some details from you to chase this.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
killerbadboy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen I have sent the information you requested

Thanks You

0 Kudos
killerbadboy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It is fathers day and I cannot receive one call from my kids Smiley Sad I was told the issue should be sorted for Saturday it has been a week today and still I cant receive any calls or text I really am so frustrated and am slowly losing my faith in Virgin Mobile.

Sorry but nothing can compensate the inconvenience this has cause including loss of earnings as customers can not contact me on the number they have.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

pc-mike798 wrote:

...the same can't be said when you want to leave and take your number with. I get no joy when trying to obtain my PAC Code...

Virgin are obliged by OFCOM to provide the PAC during the call in which you request it, or by text within two hours of the request. The linked website provides a letter template for you to complain to Virgin if they do not give you the PAC on demand.

I have read on this forum that they cancel the account on issuance of the PAC (I have no personal experience of this) which is odd because a PAC is supposed to expire after 30 days if unused.

There are only a handful of reasons that Virgin - or indeed any carrier - is able to refuse issuance of a PAC. Owing them money or having time to run before the end of your minimum term is not once of them.

0 Kudos