Menu
Jostro65
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Move TO virgin mobile?

Had enough of paying for poor service and decided to leave EE and move to VM. Took 3 sim only connections and was going to port my numbers over, but now looks like cancelling them before I even receive them!
Received bill before I have the sims which peeved me slightly as not happy being charged for a service I can't use. Called cs and their attitude was "T&Cs, take it or leave it".
After further discussion was offered a gig of data for my troubles. I don't want freebies, I just don't want to pay for a service until I actually have use of the service.
Passed through to cancellations who seemed so uninterested it was unreal. I moved due to poor CS and this is my first interaction with Virgin Mobile CS. Is this par for the course?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Move TO virgin mobile?

Hi Jostro65, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to learn that you have had a bad experience since joining us, I can take a look into the reason why your service is poor if you would like, however I do have to advise we use EE's network, so if you had bad reception whilst with EE in your area, you will have the same signal reception on the Virgin Mobile network also. 

If it helps you any, I have provided the Ofcom coverage checker this will tell you which provider services your area, these are just the main network, it doesn’t show virtual networks like Virgin Mobile etc. 

Let me know if you would like me to take a look.

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
siju
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree that the VM has got a poor CS. Not reliable on what they are saying to you, they my change entire thing they said when you call next time :-)

0 Kudos
Jostro65
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi kelly,

it was the customer services i had poor service from, not the network.

part of the reason i chose VM is the fact they use EE network, which is pretty good in my area so no problems there, but i seem to have swapped poor  EE customer service for equally poor VM customer service.

ritchie

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ritchie,

just my tuppence worth Smiley Tongue

I've been a Virgin Mobile customer since 2003 and during that time had many occasions to call customer services (usually because I've wanted to make a change to one of the numbers in my account rather than a problem).

On the whole, I've found customer service to be very good. There has been the odd occasion where my call has been answered by an unhelpful or more likely inept agent but that is soon remedied by politely ending the call and redialing Smiley Wink

Your post here on this forum is a good example of how Virgin Mobile can offer a good service. Within a few hours @Kelly_M from the Forum Team is offering  to take a look at things for you.

With a 30 day SIM only plan, there is no long term commitment so I would suggest that you give it a chance.

If you do disagree it's easy enough to change provider again.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos