Menu
KeithHennessey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Motorola G

Have tried all I can, but can't seem to turn on my Mobile Data. My phone works well on my Wi-Fi but can only get Internet at home!

Help Please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Motorola G

Hi KeithHennessey,

with most Android phones, if you drag your finger down from the top of the screen you will see some settings including Mobile data (usually symbolised as an up & down arrow).

Touch it to  turn off / on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

First thing to check would be that phone has mobile data switched on.

It also could be the phone needs the APN settings updated,
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=164603&CURRENT...
Follow Moto G > internet > how do I enter mobile internet settings > press "click here" to do it automatically.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I agree with member teabag. It sounds like your mobile data is switched off on the handset. Or perhaps the 3G modes are switched off. If it was a tariff exceeded issue then you would be incurring the £1 per day out of allowance charges.

How to check and switch data on might be version dependent, so what version of Android is on the Moto G? And is your Moto G a 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation? BTW as far as I know all of them can be updated to Android Marshmallow 6.0.

Goto "Settings", scroll to the bottom of the list, tap "About phone". You should now be able to see the "Model number" and the "Android version".

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi KeithHennessey,

with most Android phones, if you drag your finger down from the top of the screen you will see some settings including Mobile data (usually symbolised as an up & down arrow).

Touch it to  turn off / on.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

First thing to check would be that phone has mobile data switched on.

It also could be the phone needs the APN settings updated,
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=164603&CURRENT...
Follow Moto G > internet > how do I enter mobile internet settings > press "click here" to do it automatically.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I agree with member teabag. It sounds like your mobile data is switched off on the handset. Or perhaps the 3G modes are switched off. If it was a tariff exceeded issue then you would be incurring the £1 per day out of allowance charges.

How to check and switch data on might be version dependent, so what version of Android is on the Moto G? And is your Moto G a 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation? BTW as far as I know all of them can be updated to Android Marshmallow 6.0.

Goto "Settings", scroll to the bottom of the list, tap "About phone". You should now be able to see the "Model number" and the "Android version".

KeithHennessey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Great answer but following your instructions at the top of my phones menu does not show enable/disable button as the illustrated example, thanks but s**t - I can't complete the cycle.
Regards
Keef
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keef,

click on this link: Phone Support

Select your phone and follow the guide.

Network (and data settings) > How do I turn data services on and off = Settings > More > Mobile networks > Data enabled.

Are you saying that "Data enabled" with the little checkbox is not in your phone's menu?

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean that you are trying to access the "Settings" menu using the swipe down method mentioned earlier?

Unlock the screen > Swipe down from the top right of the screen > Swipe down from the top right again > tap the gear wheel/cog now visible beside the battery symbol at the top right. You should now be in the "Settings" menu.

Or press the "Home" button. then look through the icon list for "Settings".

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Confusing err!!! So many ways too get to the mobile data setting.

Another way is, slide finger down from top of screen, slide down from top of screen again, you should see a triangle with Virgin wrote underneath it, press that, you'll see "mobile data" written near top of screen - press that untill the little slider on the right goes green :-)
0 Kudos
KeithHennessey
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've found out from Virgin that my model does hve internet facility - so thanks anyway.

Regards

Keith

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

KeithHennessey wrote:

I've found out from Virgin that my model does hve internet facility - so thanks anyway.

Regards

Keith

But is it working ????

0 Kudos