Menu
joechip
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moto g4 can't totally disable data

Even though data roaming is disabled, there is a still a trickle of data being used. It looks like it is being generated by the Android OS itself. It is really quite small, but enough to incur the £2 a day cost if you go over your data limit for the month. Any ideas how to stop Android from bypassing the handset setting? Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moto g4 can't totally disable data

If you slide two fingers all the way down from top of screen, do you see a triangle with Virgin wrote underneath it, press that and then press on the words "mobile data" (near the top), you should now see the little green slider button go grey (data off).

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
joechip
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that's right, but Android ignores it and still connects, presumably to check for updates.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try unsettling the Sync option is setting also switch off location, Google play, in settings change updates to, do not auto update
Wifi in setting advanced wifi uncheck auto switch to mobile network.

Can't remember any other options.

0 Kudos
joechip
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,

Location was still set but everything else looks OK. I've have already asked Virgin to disable data totally until the next billing period so I can see if the location on setting makes a difference as yet. When I get data back (7th August), I'll do some more testing and post the results.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't heard about this yet on a G4, untill now. lol

It was a problem with the G1 a few years ago in the early versions of Jellybean, the solution back then was to turn GPS off.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
joechip
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teabag - GPS was definitely on so it may well be the return of an old problem. That's never happened before :-)

0 Kudos