Menu
David3455
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moto e phone-Config/Profile update for Virgin Mobile GPRS needs a service provider PIN - What PIN?

My new Moto e set up just fine - but it but it tells me I need a Configuration/Profile update for Add Virgin Mobile GPRS.  But first I need to enter a PIN from my service provider  The question is "which PIN"?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moto e phone-Config/Profile update for Virgin Mobile GPRS needs a service provider PIN - What PIN?

I got that the 3rd time I swapped the Sim due to initial VM porting issues and they were not the same as the Sim updates I asked CS to manually text me after each new Sim.

I tried 0000 &1111 & 1234, one of which worked probably the last one as that would be order I tried them in.

AFAIR there was multiple updates, 4-6 (sorry cannot remember 100%) but some may be packaged together.

The phone works without them, I simply think its to make sure the phone is using correct setting that a modern phone will be anyhow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moto e phone-Config/Profile update for Virgin Mobile GPRS needs a service provider PIN - What...

Hi David3455,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having difficulties with your PIN.

Not sure this was suggested but every Virgin Mobile SIM card comes with a default PIN already set. So the first time you use the PIN, you’ll just need to enter 7890.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moto e phone-Config/Profile update for Virgin Mobile GPRS needs a service provider PIN - What...

LOL, yes that is correct pin above, I remember now I had to Google it on PC, and 789 without the zero is the VM mobile CS number so easy to remember.

0 Kudos