Menu
klyne
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

More Flexible Tariffs

Having been with Virgin for years now I have always found the tariffs pretty good value. However since upgrading to a "Smart Phone" I am using more data as I often use the phone as a WiFi point for my laptop. If you want to increase the monthly data allowance on pay monthly you also seem to get a massive amount of voice call minutes which I don't need. It would be good to have a reasonably priced tariff which offered say 250 minutes of voice calls/ 250 texts/2GB of data or something along those lines. I know if I use all my data I have the option of paying £1 a day for unlimited but that can work out quite expensive. I know I can change my tariff and swap back but I don't always know when I might need more data.  If its not possible to have the sort of tariff I mention perhaps we could have a system where by we could purchase certain amount of data as an add on, just when we needed it. Rather like the system already in place for European roaming?

David

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: More Flexible Tariffs

If you are using the phone for tethering  i.e. using it to get internet on your laptop, this is against Virgin's terms and conditions.  Doing so will use significantly more data than just the phone alone depending what you are doing.

Virgin tariffs are not designed for what you want.

0 Kudos
klyne
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have, in the past, specifically asked Virgin Customer Services whether I was allowed to use any data allowance for this purpose and was told it was OK within my monthly allowance and if I went beyond that I would go onto the £1 a day rate. I should point out that I don't use excessive amounts of data but my current allowance of 250MB a month is soon used up. If I have the option I will use local WiFi and have downloaded the Virgin app which is a help.

David

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

presumably you are paying £5 per month for your tariff?

You could double your data allowance to 500MB for an extra £3- (as you point out much more minutes too) but still good value.

Would this be enough?
Otherwise it would of course mean choosing a more expensive tariff: Choose your tariff

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
klyne
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex

Yes I am on the minimum tariff as I don't really use a phone a lot for voice calls. Call me a luddite but I still mainly use a landline phone.   I appreciate that the next bundle is not that much more expensive and that may be the way to go. What I find strange is the difference in the bundles for Pay Monthly contract phones and out of contract bundles which seem much more generous in their allowances and at less cost? When I swapped to my new phone I was unable to keep my previous bundle which would have fine for what I need.

David

0 Kudos