Menu
NikD
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Monthly Mobile Data Usage

I have been with Virgin Mobile for about three years now and as I barely use my phone, am on the lowest mobile data tariff of 250 MB per month. This usually suits me, and apart from the odd occasion when I have been expecting to use my data up, I almost never exceed my mobile data allowance (only used 156 MB in Feb, 89 MB in Jan). Was a bit surprised, then, when I was notified that following my monthly refresh on 23rd March, I'd used up all of my mobile data by 28th March - including 168 MB on that day at 20.53, when I was at home connected to WiFi!

Interestingly, I was sent three text messages, apparently ALL arrived at 22.38 on 28th, advising that I had used up 75%, 90% and 100% of my mobile data allowance - these arrived AFTER I had been charged the £2 per day for going over my allowance, and I was at home! So, does anybody know what's going on? How is it possible to use that much data in minutes? I don't have ANY games/music/watch videos on my mobile/don't have Facebook, and was at home connected to the WiFi at the time. 

It is possible that I left the mobile data switched on after a trip away from home on 24th - but even so, would 'background updating' of the few apps I've got really use that much data so quickly, especially when I was supposed to be connected to the home WiFi? Is it worth querying with Virgin? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Monthly Mobile Data Usage

0 Kudos