Money

As my old phone no longer works
[MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]
Can u add the money in this account to [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]
Which I have now added to my account.
Janet Collins
[MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]
[MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]@hotmail.co. uk
So as I can use my credit which is remaining.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Money

Hi,

it's a pity the Mod' who edited your post to remove personal info' didn't bother to answer you.

If your old phone/SIM no longer works because the SIM has been deactivated (I.E no chargeable activity on the account for more than 90 days) then I'm afraid that you'll have lost any credit that was on it. - Although I'd still give the team a call on 789 from your new phone & ask someone about it, you've got nothing to loose apart from a little time & you may still get something.

If the old SIM is still active & registered to you in your name on the same account, then transferring the balance is no problem. - Just call the team on 789 from your new phone (you'll need to know your account password) & they'll be able to do it for you.

AlexKid :-)

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I just got clarification on credits and transferring them from one number to another,(Active or not)

The official answer im afraid is : we cant transfer credit .

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, since when can't money be transferred between numbers on the same account?
I've got all my family's SIM's registered in my name (because the home account is in my name) & have done this many times.

(I.E. top my own phone up, then call the team & ask to have some of the balance transferred to my daughters phone).

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

According to my colleague in customer service and care , we have never been allowed to transfer credits between numbers. This apparently is a business rule

Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

it's a pity the Mod' who edited your post to remove personal info' didn't bother to answer you.

Maybe the mod didn't know the answer.

Even if they did, their job is not to spend all day answering questions - the forum team and the community are there for that. The mods are there to make sure nothing is left public that can be damaging to the user or the company. They can't do that if they are answering questions.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I apologize, I had assumed that "Moderators" were members of the Virgin "Forum team" & all therefore "knew their stuff"

Now that you have pointed this out to me, I have looked & now know who is who