Menu
Jellies
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile

New handset on it's way. I am a technophobe. So help needed please.

Am using a Samsung atm, getting a Sony with a different (? different size) SIM .

How do I transfer contacts/ texts to new phone/SIM

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile

Hi Jellies

If you upgrade and the new phone requires a new sim card then this would be sent with the new phone

To activate the sim card there are steps at the side of the sim card to tell you how to do it.

Its easy as

Old phone , old sim,
text the word READY
to 789678
old sim card stops, new one starts Smiley Very Happy

To transfer content then their are a few apps like Samsung smart switch that may be able to do this

connect both phones to WIFI , select the sending phone and the receiving phone for the content then click send Smiley Happy

should be easy enough Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jellies,

have a look HERE - Phone Support. This may help you getting to grips with your new phone Smiley Happy

Any problems, just come back to this forum & I'm sure someone will be able to help.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Jellies
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee_B

Hmm - but I am  keeping same number (so yes, a new SIM is on it's way with new handset) so will both be able to be connected to  the  Wi Fi at same time ?

Can all contacts and texts (that I need  to keep for a few weeks) transfer if not saved to SIM  (I REALLY AM A TECHNOPHOBE  :-)  )

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jellies,

both SIM’s will not be active at the same time (as you correctly point out, you are keeping the same number so your old SIM will deactivate before your new SIM comes live).

However this won't stop you from still being able to use your old phone for connecting to WIFI, you just won’t be able to make calls.

I’ve never used anything like Lee’s suggestion for transferring contacts, I’m sure it’s a great app if it works for you.

I’ve only ever done it the “old fashioned way”:

In your old phone make sure all your contacts are saved to the “phone memory”

Hopefully Virgin are sending you one of these new “3 in 1” SIM’s where you just pop out the size you need.
If so, select the size to fit your old phone, insert it then “copy contacts to SIM memory”

Take your new sim back out, make it the correct size for your new phone, put it in, job done.

As far as transferring text messages, I’ve never done that.

Good luck
AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@AlexKid

seems very similar to my post Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue haha

the app is great to be honest. It saves such work of messing about . I did it the old fashioned way of transferring everything manually but literally the app says

is this phone sending or is this receiving .

then it asks wat u want to send. apps, messages, contact. click send then sit back , put your feet ., Smiley Very Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos