Menu
Float
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile with Virgin SIM keeps dropping network

Each time I turn my phone off and then on again, it connects to the Virgin network for about 5-10 minutes and then it drops off.  Network coverage should be fine where I live, but my phone disagrees.  I saw the video and hoped a hard reboot might fix it, but the battery in my Motorola 4G  says "Not for user removal" so I left it alone.  Should I ignore the warning and remove the battery anyway, if I can?  It doesn't look like a normal phone battery...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile with Virgin SIM keeps dropping network

Hi Float,

NO don't go removing a fixed battery.

Try entering your postcode into the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network) to see if there are any known issues that might be affecting you.

If that shows as OK, you could give Virgin Mobile customer services a call: (789 if you have a signal) 0345 6000 789 from any other phone (standard rate call) so that they can look into this further for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Float,

NO don't go removing a fixed battery.

Try entering your postcode into the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network) to see if there are any known issues that might be affecting you.

If that shows as OK, you could give Virgin Mobile customer services a call: (789 if you have a signal) 0345 6000 789 from any other phone (standard rate call) so that they can look into this further for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Float
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid, though the EE service checker said all's fine in my area, the Virgin rep said the nearest mast is 'awaiting activition' after upgrade, so that may be the problem. She's sending me a new SIM to try just in case my SIM card is faulty.

Happy to do be doing something to fix this problem,
Float

0 Kudos