Menu
beckgirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile upgrade nightmare

I have been a Virgin Media and Mobile customer for 10 years. Every time I want to upgrade my mobile, I have to run the gauntlet of your appalling credit check system. I have an exemplary credit record with no issues. However, Virgin's underwriting services always decline my upgrade, despite the fact that I pay two direct debit to the company every month. Every time this happens, you eventually admit your mistake. This time, I have wasted hours trying to sort this out on the phone, and in branch. No one has been prepared to take responsibility for this. My credit file is now showing a missed payment in November for Virgin Mobile, despite the fact I pay all bills by direct debit. I have checked with you tonight and Virgin confirms my account is completely up to date. So, yet again, your useless underwriting service has screwed up, and I am paying the price for it.

I contacted Virgin Mobile on Twitter to be told that I had to send details of what happened in several tweets because you did not have a customer service email. I reluctantly did this, and then got a  replay saying they couldn't help. The whole thing is a disgrace, and I have had enough. I successfully got the phone I wanted through Tesco Mobile tonight and will be leaving Virgin Mobile but I suggest you sort this out before more people have to go through the same nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile upgrade nightmare

Hi beckgirl, 

I am so sorry to learn of the issues you have faced trying to upgrade! I will feed back your concerns into the company, and I am so sorry that because of this we have lost you as a customer. 

If you haven’t cancelled yet, please give our cancelations team a call on 789 from any Virgin Mobile, 150 from any Virgin Media landline, or 0345 6000 789, and they can have everything sorted out on that end for you. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos