Menu
Anne01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile upgrade headache

Oh what has happened to my lovely efficient Virgin. I was contacted earlier this month and as a 'longstanding and valued customer' offered an upgrade to my handset and contract. I agreed a new phone and contract package which worked out a couple of pounds more than I pay now. The operative ran a credit check and told me they would contact me within 48 hours. The credit check showed up on my credit report so I assumed all was well.

One week later no callback. Contacted Virgin explained previous conversation but they could find no record of my order. They wanted to redo the upgrade request which would have been fine but needed a further credit check. As repeated checks can have a negative impact an my credit report I asked them to use the one from previous week. That couldn't be done so they said they would chase up my original offer and would phone back.

another week later no call. Again I contacted them to have the same conversation and am now waiting a call from underwriters? Really? I have a excellent credit rating what's the problem? Has anyone else has similar problems?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile upgrade headache

Anne01 wrote:

Has anyone else has similar problems?

Hi Anne01,

many people, just type "underwriters" into the search bar of this forum Smiley Indifferent

AlexKid :-)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Anne01 wrote:

Has anyone else has similar problems?

Hi Anne01,

many people, just type "underwriters" into the search bar of this forum Smiley Indifferent

AlexKid :-)

Anne01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, reading the other posts really helped. I have now emailed CreditFileAmendments@virginmedia.co.uk with my issue and will update my post when/if I get a response.
0 Kudos