Menu
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mobile transfer

I ordered a new sim card 3rd March, Virgin sent wrong one, ordered another arrived 6th March, rang Virgin with PAC that day to transfer from Talk Talk, still waiting for the transfer. I think I have rung about 8 times so far and told it should be done imminently. I thought Talk Talk were bad I'm beginning to wish I'd stayed with them. No chance of speaking to an adviser at the moment with the ongoing fiasco of an upgrade to their system, chat not available. I have been told that Virgin would ring me if it was not transferred by last Monday, guess what, nothing. My account is a mess my number is now displaying but does not work my other number does work but is not displayed on my account and a £10 credit seems to have disappeared, does anyone at Virgin have an answer to any of this?

Helpful Answers
HelenW1306
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile transfer

Go to Vodafone or another company - that's my advice! I
0 Kudos

All Replies
HelenW1306
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to transfer my existing virgin number to a new micro sim to fit a new phone bought from Virgin over a month ago - numerous calls to virgin, visits to the store etc, filled forms in sent by people the forum - still no luck! So you'll be lucky if they can move you from another company!!!!
0 Kudos
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The thing is I transferred my partners number only the day before mine and it moved two days later, same company as well so I don' know why mine is so difficult. Although as I said in my last post her number does not appear on my account anymore since the wekkends "spring clean".

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freck,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

At this moment in time, we're unable to process porting. Our team are aware of this and are hard at work to get this sorted for you.

If your credit has changed, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I don't know about "at the moment" I rang on the 6th March to port my number and still nothing. I suspect the porting code will have expired soon, only valid for a month is that right?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freck,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

If the port has been requested, we need to take a closer look into this for you. Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mat

Thanks for that but I've been in touch with Virgin on no less than 8 occasions, every time I'm told it will be done very soon and they would take ownership of this problem and call me back, nobody as yet has done this. Only yesterday I rang and was told told it would be done last night, guess what, still no service. Any suggestions as to my next move? I am getting a bit tired of going over the same ground again and again.

0 Kudos
HelenW1306
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Go to Vodafone or another company - that's my advice! I
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freck,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm afraid I'm unable to rectify this from my side. If you ask to speak to our technical team, they can pass this on to our number porting team.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H

I thought that as we were approaching the two month point awaiting any sort of service from Virgin I would write an update. Well, still no service, still no manager has rung me as I was told they would within 24 hrs of me making another formal complaint, still no complaint reference so that I can escalate this higher, as per virgins own terms and conditions. Peculiar picture message charges appearing on my partners phone account, not uncommon for virgin when you peruse a certain blog. She is also with virgin and still not operating correctly, no voice mail for example. Still being charged by Talk Talk as well as virgin. Every operator I speak to says the system is reporting everything fine, funny as when I call the system is down, as today for example. Now I'm no idiot when it comes to mobile phones, apart from the foolish action of moving to virgin of course, but I know when a phone is not connecting to the network, mine isn't, however when I change the simcard to a virgin PAYG sim it connects immediately. After nearly 8 weeks I've finally convinced somebody that it must be either a faulty simcard or more likely someone has failed to set it up properly, so they sent me a new one today however, after giving all my phones details, make model etc and listen to this, the fact it took a standard sim, guess what, yes the incompetence of them, they sent me a micro sim card . They are getting closer though the last time they sent a nano for which I had to get an adapter, unfortunately I didn't get an adapter for a micro at the same time, why would I? Oh yes Virgin mobile incompetence that's why.

I know for a fact that neither of my numbers are set up properly yet because when I ask for a PAC number the system is unable to provide me with one immediately or in the statutory 2 hrs by text. I believe it is my number and my right to take it anywhere I please.

Interesting today that I received a text, as did my partner from virgin saying they were having trouble with our accounts and we should ring the team on an 0800 number, note text to mobile reply by mobile charges apply! Clever way to scam people out of their hard earned cash isn't it. Anyway didn't get caught by this one rang 789 instead and guess what nobody knew anything about it, pushed from pillar to post only to eventually give up trying to get any sense out of anybody, good job we didn't ring the "freephone number recommended".

I assume you work for virgin, please accept my sympathy it can't be easy, I rue the day that I got that call from a virgin cold caller and was tempted by their offer, still you get what you pay for, or in the case of virgin you still don't!

0 Kudos