Menu
Deb2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile signal

Although there is good coverage in the area, I cannot receive or send texts or call from my house. I have contacted Virgin who tell me there isn't a problem. This has been going on for weeks. I spent 47 minutes on the phone today trying to cancel my contract. As far as I can see if I can't call or text there is no point in having a Virgin contract and if they are not providing a service I should be free to leave. This problem affects anyone who comes here who is on Virgin or EE, so it is not my handset.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile signal

Hi Deb2,

although you have contacted Virgin, have have you tried entering your post code into the EE service checker to see if it shows any known issues.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Deb2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No I'm too stupid to have thought of that........of course I have

PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The EE map is worse than useless, I am in a not spot, but not on the map, a 200 yards walk gets a perfect signal. They need to pay for a few signal strength detector vans but that costs MONEY.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, EE's coverage checker sometimes speaks with forked tongue, (it tells lies!!Smiley Tongue)

I have pointed this out before, as I have a personal phone on VM, and a works phone on Orange (EE). The VM phone never shows more than 2-3 bars signal strength, yet the works one always has 5bars...

Swapped the SIM's over just to prove it is not the phones, same result..VM sim..2-3 bars whichever phone it is in, Orange sim...5 bars, whichever phone it is in. (scientific or what!)

EE signal checker insists my locations are  'Excellent' for calls, texts and data...OK, it IS for the Orange  sim, but NOT for VM... (also, identical web pages load 20% slower on the VM sim than the Orange..Smiley Tongue)  

Go figure..............Use EE's checker by all means, but don't take what it tells you as gospel..

VM INSIST that there service is not 'capped' or 'managed' by EE,  you can believe what you like, but the TRUTH is, something is being done to VM signals, that's for sure!! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deb2

I'm sorry to hear that your mobile doesn't get the best coverage in the home. Can I ask is the signal stronger just outside or is it specific to the home only?

If this is in the home only and the signal outside the home is fine for you then I'm afraid there's little we can do to as the home is the cause of the issue with respect to people using the Virgin Media or EE network.

I have a couple of dead spots in my home too due to the make of the the home layout and structure, and I am on Virgin Mobile so I appreciate what you are experiencing with this.

I combat this by using the Wi-Fi for the internet in those dead spots and by moving to a more serviceable part of the home (usually by the front door) if I need to make or take a call.

I do apologise we are unable to support with this situation.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Deb2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No that's not good enough! Initially when I called to complain I was told that there was a problem in the area. Then I was told I would be refunded money....never happened. I have to walk down the road to send texts, make or receive calls. I might as well use a carrier pigeon..... Never had this problem with O2. It is obviously a Virgin/ EE issue. I want to cancel my contract as I am not receiving the service I expect.

0 Kudos