Menu
peteclen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile signal in the house

Several months ago, I reported that I was struggling with my new Virgin contract, due to the poor, or non-existent, signal in the house. No help was forthcoming, but I put up with it as mostly I was using it away from home.

However, I have since retired and spend much of my time in the house. I now find the service unacceptable. So, two questions - is there a wifi-calling facility likely in the near future? And, if not, can I cancel my contract at no cost?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile signal in the house

The only WiFi calling facility Virgin have is with cable landlines.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
peteclen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin offering, SmartCall, isn't true wifi calling, as it only works off the landline contract and doesn't work with text. EE have true wifi calling, but don't appear willing to let Virgin have it!

Looks like I'll have to cancel my contract and switch to another provider. I'm just concerned as to what that will cost me. I guess I'll ring them and hope to persuade them that their contract isn't fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI peteclen

Cancelling your service due to not being able to have signal is something that's deemed through the technical support team. If its just yourself that has the issue then the tech would try and resolve the issue.

Cancelling under "no coverage" would be few and far between as Virgin run off EE network at 99% UK coverage. If you did cancel I would expect them to charge you for the remainder of the contract UNLESS it was deemed you had no coverage. ( This is down to personal experience working in cancelations )

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos