Menu
Cheesy_Peas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile signal dropping out periodically in WV14 area

Me and my partner have been experiencing issues over the last 6 months with calls from both our mobiles dropping out at random times during calls. The call stays connected but we can't hear the person the other end but they can hear us, this will usually last for around 10-20 secs and can happen 5+ times during a conversation with no routine gap between drop-outs.

We both have virgin mobiles of different brands but only experience issue when making calls in our property, yet relatives and friends also on virgin/EE network have no issues when they use their phones to make calls in our home.

I have checked EE coverage within my postcode and we have no issue there whatsoever.

Not sure if it is also related but for the last 12 months I have also had difficulty moving more than 6 meters away from our superhub as wifi without signal being undetectable from my mobile, yet my partner has no problem at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile signal dropping out periodically in WV14 area

Hi Cheesy_Peas,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm terribly sorry to hear your mobile signal has been dropping out for the past 6 months. I'd very much like to assist you with this.

If you're only having this issue inside your property then I would say the structure of it is causing signal interference for which nothing can be done from our side. In saying that, it's strange how other Virgin/EE users have no problem.

What handsets are you using?

Are other users on Virgin, EE or both?

It won't be related to the Super Hub as it doesn't use the wireless signal to make/receive calls. You'll need to post that problem in the Networking and wireless board and someone can help you out.

P.S. We work the board from the oldest post waiting for a reply, so it can sometimes take a few days to get back to you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Cheesy_Peas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I thought it was only in our property but I experienced the same issue about 300m from home at top a hill on few occasions recently also.
We've used Virgin mobiles in the property for the last 4 years and never had any issue until the last 6 months or so.

My partners mobile is a Samsung S5 and mine is an Sony Xperia M2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cheesy_Peas,

Thanks for coming back to me.

You may still be experiencing the same external interference from 300m away as you do inside the property but it's hard to say for sure either way.

Something has obviously happened in the past 6 months but that doesn't explain why other EE/Virgin users. I'm assuming this affected both handsets at the same time?

It may be worth trying a replacement SIM card to see if this makes a difference. You can get this by calling the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile, 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. Alternatively, you can speak to the web chat team.

Keep me updated along the way.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos