Menu
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mobile roaming not working

I asked for phone roaming before I left the UK. It does not work. I have made sure the settings are correct. Yesterday I borrowed a phone to ring as the online chat is constantly busy. I was assurred that it would be working within 24 hours. It is now well over 24 hours and still no service.
VIRGIN CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALLING
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile roaming not working

Update. I rang customer services again and they again changed some settings. The local provider's name then came up on my phone. I have the facility to text, but as soon as I ring a number the call fails. I asked the customer service person to ring me to ensure that the call facility was working. That was 5 days ago and I am still waiting for that call. He said a manager would ring me. I have had no calls at all and am sure that the phone service is not working.
Rapporse
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just arrived in Belgium only to discover likewise no mobile for either myself or my wife on Virgin Mobile. All settings apparently correct, and phoned to confirm that we could use the phones and yep nothing. Infuriating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi megmac1,

I'm sorry that your roaming still isn't working after speaking with Customer Services. I'll need to take more information from you in order to look into this. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rapporse,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with roaming. Has this been resolved for you since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I replied to your message. It is now Sunday 19/03/17 and you have not even acknowledged the response. I asked for mobile roaming on 14/02/17. I have managed to make one successful phone call, but the line quality was bad with feedback. Some SMS messages are getting through but others are blocked. I have had messages on other media that people have been trying to phone and message me and they cannot get through. THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi megmac1,

Thank you for sending your details. Is the mobile number you sent via PM correct? I'm not able to confirm that this number is a Virgin Mobile number.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri. This number was imported from my old O2 account. This number was working on the Virgin network while I was in the UK.
What are you going to do about allbthe costs I have had to pay because Virgin Mobile have been so inefficient.
A supervisor was supposed to contact me weeks ago. Your company have my email address if you cannot contact me on this useless phone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi megmac1,

We aren't able to get in touch with you via email. I have sent a PM to you to verify your details as there is a problem with the details sent.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi megmac1,

The Community Forum responds only via public and PM posts. We have investigated the issue you have reported and cannot find a fault with your roaming service on the Virgin Mobile Network.

If you are experiencing a problem with your handset, you can go through our Phone Fix option online: Phone Fix

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos