Menu
RodBB
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile reception at home is very poor,lose many calls as unavailable

Mobile reception at home is very poor,lose many calls as unavailable.contract is up for renewal but what is the point if mobile phone if cannot receive calls. Last week a text message took 8 hrs to travel 400 yards.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile reception at home is very poor,lose many calls as unavailable

This is why mobile phone carriers are obliged to provide a two-week "cooling off" period so that you can evaluate the signal state at the locations you most need reception. If VM isn't good where you are, try a new provider. 

Postcode-based checkers are of limited use. They are only based on expected outdoor coverage. Depending on your house layout and construction materials, you may find reception is inadequate indoors in an otherwise good reception area. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is why mobile phone carriers are obliged to provide a two-week "cooling off" period so that you can evaluate the signal state at the locations you most need reception. If VM isn't good where you are, try a new provider. 

Postcode-based checkers are of limited use. They are only based on expected outdoor coverage. Depending on your house layout and construction materials, you may find reception is inadequate indoors in an otherwise good reception area. 

0 Kudos
RodBB
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info but I should have stated that the reception is getting progressively worse.Could it be that EE has over stretched it capabilities,perhaps someone could advise.

0 Kudos
TB9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem.

A few years ago I had a company phone on Orange and the reception at home was virtually non-existent. My son had T-Mobile which was quite good, so when I switched to a private mobile I went with Virgin because they used T-Mobile, and everything was fine, until Orange and T-Mobile merged and became EE.

About 4 months later the signal at home became quite poor and I complained to Virgin. I was eventually told by a Virgin Technician that EE had removed 2 'Cells' within my local area and another one was due to follow. I now rarely get a signal at all, and have to use wireless all the time along with WhatsApp which drastically reduces battery life. O2 is very very good in my location, so I will be switching to them when the contract is due for renewal.

This just goes to prove that merging Companies does not make things overall better for the consumer. It can and did make it worse.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RodBB,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with signal reception on your mobile.

I would like to take a look at this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some more details.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
hunterengland
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My partners signal is non-existent now. She has the S4 mini, we live in Swindon, assuming a very good signal strength. We have TV, broadband and home phone. We dropped the home phone from anytime calls to just weekends, since then her mobile signal has got to the point she can not use the phone in the house and is often forced to use the landline... coincident or unlucky? Its a shame because we always use Virgin, have done for years but this mobile signal issue is getting to the point where it can not be relied upon. What if you had to make an emergency call from within the house, upstairs for example, she'd have no chance!! Any plans to use the wifi for signal?
0 Kudos
Russl
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know that there is a limit to what a radio wave of 1800/1900 MHz can penetrate, My reception in my house has dropped off quite a lot since getting the house insulated. I should imaging that in New builds where foil backed foam is used, the signal is negligible, as that would be the same as living in a Faraday cage.

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos