Menu
TonyJones
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone

I have a question that people from the technical team can not answer and there manager is struggling as well since he did not ring me as promised.   I have a Samsung s3 and the battery drains within 8 hours, I sent it Virgin for repair or investigation.  

I spoke to a chap called Ian and he informed me that the port for the charger had been replaced and now the phone is fixed, I got the phone back and all was well for 4 days and then the battery drains within 8 hours.

I then sent the phone back for investigation and was told by the technical team that there was water damage which can be caused by leaving it in a cold room and then leaving it in a warm room?????? Say mallisa or marrisa form the technical team.

I was informed that a fee of £120 would need to be paid to repair the damage as I had run out of cover, cover only last 12 months, I am 20 months in contract with 4 months left. My question to mallisa was why did they say they repaired the port on the first occasion when I was out of cover and the phone worked for 4 days, surely if water damage was the issue then it would have been picked up and would not have worked for 4 days. 

I have been a customer with Virgin media for over 15 years TV,phone,broad,band and 2x mobile phones and in my opinion have been treated badly and told conflicting fault diagnoses.  Whilst all this is going on I have been sent the wrong replacement sim cards and sent my usual monthly bill of £22 when I have been without the phone.

I will be looking else where when my contract expires, somewhere which can deliver on promises and value there customers.

0 Kudos
Jes1
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone

8 hours sounds like it could be something draining the battery rather than a fault with the phone. My S3 is very spotty with its battery. It's not unusual for me to only get 12 hours out of it with only light use. I don't have many apps installed that run in the background either.

I'm not saying it's not a dodgy phone by the way, just that I've experienced similar and these things helped me Smiley Happy I'm sure you've done all these things already, but here's what I'd check:

- How long have you had the current battery? Have you tried replacing it?

- Have you checked under Settings > More > Battery to see if there are any high drain apps? (you might need to check the box that shows the % use at the bottom of the list)

- When was the last time you did a factory reset? (This helped massively for my battery life)

- Under Settings > More > Application manager are there any apps using a lot of memory? I doubt there are cos you'd probably experience slowness, but it's worth a check.

0 Kudos
TonyJones
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Done all the resetting etc. spoke to Ian at the technical dept, he said there is a fault with the mother board draining the battery yet mallisa said water damage?????

0 Kudos
TonyJones
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply
0 Kudos
TonyJones
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think people at Virgin need to give the same answer to a problem for me to believe them because I have had two completely different answers to the same problem.
0 Kudos
Jes1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it's water damage the little indicator under your battery should be pink / red. If it's not, I would be surprised if it was water damage considering how sensitive they are.

0 Kudos