Menu
sandraC
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone number not transferred over to new phone

Hi, 

Bought new phone from a Virgin Media store on Saturday and gave the member of staff my PAC code number that I had been given by 3 to keep my mobile number. I was informed that the mobile number will transfer over on Tuesday. I explained that it was a business number and stressed the importance of the number being transferred over but I was reassured it woul be transferrd on Tuesday.

On Tuesday I received a text message on my new phone that everything had been set up and my number had been transferred over but it had not. I contacted your helpline and was informed that the number would be transferred over at some point on Tuesday but beffinately by 12pm that evening. I was also informed that the number may take up to 5 more days to transfer over! I explained that the number was a business number and that at that moment in time no one can contact me and so my business was loosing money. I was informed by the caller that she would ring me back at 8pm but she did not.

I called your helpline again as the caller did not call me back and I was informed by another caller that my number would definitely be transferrd over by 12 midnight at the latest.

At 11:50pm my number still had not been transferred and so I called again. I was informed by another colleague that I should wait a further 10 more minutes and that they would call me back on my homeline number straight away. They did not return my call! 

I had to call yet again your helpline to find out what is happening. I was informed that the phone number could take another 24hours to 5 days to transfer! I explained repeatedly that the number is a buiness number and that no one can contact me. I was just told that I would have to patiently wait. 

This is a deplorable service that has affected my business- how much longer should I have to wait!?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone number not transferred over to new phone

This is the residential service forum- Contact details for business users are at

http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/General/Contact-us/

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone number not transferred over to new phone

I'll bet it's a non business account.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4