Menu
tonbrin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone credit

Can anyone help with this:

I only use my mobile phone for emergencies and need to know how long I have before my credit is cleared if I don’t make a call for any length of time.

Many thanks

Tonbrin

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile phone credit

Hi, you must make a chargeable outbound call, SMS or data session each 90 days for the SIM to remain active.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

tonbrin wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the info, is that including any calls I make to Virgin on 789 to find out how much credit I have on my SIM?

Tonbrin

No, calls to 789 are free, so will not count towards the count to keep the sim active

You need to make a 'chargeable' call, or text, to keep the sim active.

I have the same problem with my fathers mobile, as he would only use it for emergencies, so what I do, is, once every couple of months, use his mobile to send a short text to my mobile, this solves the problem, and is only the cost of a text every 60 days or so..

This works for me, worth a try (my dad's £10 credit lasts over a year at that rate!!) Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, you must make a chargeable outbound call, SMS or data session each 90 days for the SIM to remain active.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
tonbrin
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the info, is that including any calls I make to Virgin on 789 to find out how much credit I have on my SIM?

Tonbrin

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

tonbrin wrote:

Hi,

Tonbrin

No, calls to 789 are free, so will not count towards the count to keep the sim active

You need to make a 'chargeable' call, or text, to keep the sim active.

I have the same problem with my fathers mobile, as he would only use it for emergencies, so what I do, is, once every couple of months, use his mobile to send a short text to my mobile, this solves the problem, and is only the cost of a text every 60 days or so..

This works for me, worth a try (my dad's £10 credit lasts over a year at that rate!!) Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tonbrin
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that extra info, I thought that might be the case so I'll do as you suggest.

Many thanks

Tonbrin

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tonbrin wrote:

Thanks for that extra info, I thought that might be the case so I'll do as you suggest.

Many thanks

Tonbrin

Happy to help, Smiley Happy

0 Kudos