Menu
indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone contacts hacked - abusive SMSs sent to all my contacts (twice)

Hi,

Using Samsung S4 with Virgin Sim, and someone has managed to hack into all my contacts and on two separate weekends has sent SMSs to a lot of my contacts that are a malicious slandering attack on me personally. 

As this is a personal attack on me, each recipient has come back to me to firstly ask how some random person got their number and secondly why they have attacked my reputation in such a vicious way. This has been sent to at least 40 of my contacts (that I know of) and this may continue and has been very upsetting for me & been so very stressful as well as for those those receiving this message (some of which are elderly family friends & family)

I have 2 crime references for this reported to the police. The numbers used to send the SMSs are from an EE & a T-mobile number but I fear they have other priorities than dealing with this.

This is not just a harassment & slander issue but also a data privacy issue where someone has managed to either hack my phone or via Virgin Media Mobile ?

I have also approached EE / T-Mobile who suggested I get my own provider to raise a report with the Nusiance Bureau.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.  I did not want to disclose the 2 numbers that all the SMSs were sent from on this forum.

regards,

Bhalinder
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone contacts hacked - abusive SMSs sent to all my contacts (twice)

Hi Bhalinder,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear of the stress and frustration caused by this. I want to help as much as I can.

It's very likely that the information was obtained from your phone as most modern day smartphones won't save your numbers to the sim card and will instead keep it on the phones internal memory.

I would suggest calling our fraud team on 0800 052 2206 to see what can be done on our side.

Give us a bell and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

Rang them. They couldn't help. This is the 3rd weekend in a row this has happened so whoever it is, is relentless in causing havoc and upsetting all my phone contacts and myself.

Smiley Sad

Bhalinder

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest at least looking at downloading an anti virus for your phone and giving it a quick scan. If its a virus on your handset that creates a backdoor to your handset. I would also recommend changing your passwords as well for things like googlemail account (if its android ) or iTunes login if its apple etc

try "lookout mobile security or something like that.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hope it works!

best of luck!

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that the fraud team couldn't help Bhalinder Smiley Sad

I completely understand your frustration. Did the fraud team advise you of the correct decision to take?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

They could not advise on anything. The police will not commit resources to it. I am expecting this person to repeat every sunday a barrage of SMSs to all my contacts again. And even if my contacts can block the number, nothing to stop them using a different sim to do again.. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry about this Bhalinder. I wish there was more that I could do to prevent this.

I'm afraid the best advice I can give is to advise your contacts to try and block the number. The number will not know it has been blocked by the contact.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It sounds to me like my SMS's have been hacked or taken as the way its been targetted at my phone contacts seems like those I communicate a lot with... 

Can the SMSs on Virgin's server be potentially hijacked?

0 Kudos