Menu
Johnbobbing
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile in the US

Can I use my virgin iPhone as a sat nav in the U.S. For free.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile in the US

Johnbobbing wrote:

If you keep it on WiFi all the time (with roaming off + data off entirely just be safe) - otherwise you'll be paying hefty roaming charges. It's £5 per 1MB for PAYG and pay-monthly data wise. I personally don't bother taking my UK phone with me abroad. It works out a lot cheaper to buy a disposable PAYG handset in the foreign country, which will be on a cheap local plan. Or you could try a PAYG SIM bought in the foreign country in your own phone (if it is the correct SIM type) and see if that connects or not (frequency issue.) Either way would work out a lot cheaper than £5 per 1MB.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile in the US

Johnbobbing wrote:

If you keep it on WiFi all the time (with roaming off + data off entirely just be safe) - otherwise you'll be paying hefty roaming charges. It's £5 per 1MB for PAYG and pay-monthly data wise. I personally don't bother taking my UK phone with me abroad. It works out a lot cheaper to buy a disposable PAYG handset in the foreign country, which will be on a cheap local plan. Or you could try a PAYG SIM bought in the foreign country in your own phone (if it is the correct SIM type) and see if that connects or not (frequency issue.) Either way would work out a lot cheaper than £5 per 1MB.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos