Menu
wjohnm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile in France

Anyone know how to get mobile working in FR?

Tried help and set

VM settings

Parental control ON
Voicemail ON
Roaming ON
International call barring OFF
Premium call barring OFF

Chat won't work and can't phone as no service !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile in France

Hi wjohnm

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your roaming issues.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
wjohnm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its OK now, I had to phone help 3 times on an o2 mobile so got it working in the end.

0 Kudos
Bioussac
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I signed up to a VirginMedia Sim card last month. Within a few days I had to go to France and turned on Data Roaming on VM website. Found I could make calls and text but couldn't do data roaming. Phoned VM who told me I had to turn on data roaming while in the UK. Went back to UK last week telephoned VM and was told data roaming is now on as was international calls.

Came back to France still no data roaming. Telephoned VM they told me to turn off phone and they would reset it. Left it an hour still not working.

Phoned back VM who confirmed everything was on and asked me to try different things. Still not working. Basically if I select a network as soon as I turn data roaming on it disconnects. 

I was then told there was nothing else that could be done until I return to the UK!!

This is terrible service. After reading on this forum it seems I am not the only one with this problem. I cannot be without data roaming until I return to the UK therefore it seems the only option I have is to buy a Sim card here in France.

I have signed a 12 month contract and take it that as I cannot use the VM Sim card for data roaming abroad it is not fit for purpose and that I can cancel the contract with no penalties. In fact I feel I should be compensated for having to purchase another Sim card, luckily my phone is Dual Sim.

0 Kudos