Menu
siclark
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data useage not adding up !

I previously had a 2GB data limit and usually stayed below that. Last month I had quite a large bill as it said I used over 4GB even though I hadn't used my phone more than usual.

I upgraded to a 4GB data limit to stop this happening again and also installed a data useage app to keep track of things.

As of now, the data useage app is showing 1.2GB used and my phones data useage is also showing the same but I've just checked my virgin account which is showing 3GB used !!!

With over a week to go until my allowances refresh I'm going to go over the 4GB limit even though my phone and app are showing I've used nowhere near that amount.

What's going on ?
0 Kudos
GAT7
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile data useage not adding up !

For the time being, you should consider changing the appropriate data settings in your phone so at least it doesn't exceed the cap for this period or subsequent ones (these are for Android Marshmallow - if you have another OS, the location of these settings could be somewhere else / worded differently):

Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit, or 3.99Gb to be even safer

Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'

Then I would call Customer Services on 789 from your Virgin mobile to get to the bottom of what may be happening.

0 Kudos
siclark
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was my mistake. On the My Account app it looked like I'd used 3GB but after looking into my account through the website I've realised it's basically 1GB used and 3GB remaining, not the other way round.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you got this sorted Siclark Smiley Happy

Apologies for any confusion caused!

Let us know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know