Menu
stacey23
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data slow

Why is my mobile data so slow it loads ok but is stopping  me watch apps like wwe network on mobile data as download speed is only 0.40 and upload is 0.30 i have unlimited data and am new to how this all works i am away at weekends and wanted to be able to watch the wwe network on the go with mobile data what is the point of having unlimited data if the speed is poor and the speed is the same at home the app works as soon as i turn on wifi so it much be the speed of mobile data please help if can or i will have to think about cancelling  sim and going else were i only got it as i thought it was a good price for unlimited internet as i use it when away at weekends 

0 Kudos
steff99
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile data slow

Have you used 3.5 gigs this calender month..,if so then your down/upload speeds will be reduced to basic 3g speeds for rest of the calender month....384 kbts down / 200 kbts up
0 Kudos
stacey23
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would that make the speed as low as 0.40 download Mpbs and even lower upload speed i know nothing about all this what is the point having unlimited if they turn the speed away down sorry if asking stupid question as i am all new to this and knew nothing about turning speed down 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi stacey23

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your mobile data.

We do have a fair usage policy of 3.5GB on our unlimited data packages, so it sounds like this could be the issue if you stream a lot on the device.

Once you exceed 3.5GB your speeds will be reduced until the end of the calendar month and this is just to ensure all our customers get a fair use of the network.

This is covered in our Terms and Conditions of Acceptable Use:

For customers who joined Virgin Media after 25 June 2012 excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in their maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. For customers who joined before 25 June 2012 excessive use over 2GB of data per calendar month will result in this restriction being applied. This policy will apply until the end of the calendar month, when it will be automatically removed. We reserve the right to review these usage levels from time to time. At this reduced speed, customers will still be able to browse web pages, send/receive emails, and stream audio and video all at 3G data speeds, but peer-to-peer and large file downloads/uploads will be slower than normal.

Just let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos