Menu
frustrado
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data roaming abroad

I bought a pass and have done everything it says on the website (also on the link below). It's still not working. Help please??

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/HELP-GUIDE-Mobile-Data-Roaming-for-Pay-Monthly-SIM...

0 Kudos
frustrado
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile data roaming abroad

Just to clarify... I've turned mobile data on, turned data roaming on, i have the APN that it says (even entered the info to create my own, as instructed), and my account has international calls on. I've used my phone outside of the UK many times in the past, so I know it works internationally, but always with data turned off. This this is the first time I've tried to use mobile data. I could really use help, please.

frustrado wrote:

I bought a pass and have done everything it says on the website (also on the link below). It's still not working. Help please??

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/HELP-GUIDE-Mobile-Data-Roaming-for-Pay-Monthly-SIM...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi frustrado,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with roaming while abroad. Thanks for letting us know that you've already tried the suggestions on the Forum link and our Help & Support site.

In order to look into this, I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi frustrado,

That's great, thank you for confirming your details via PM. I've been able to access your account now and have reset roaming for you on the network.

Just try rebooting your handset and try that again.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
frustrado
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be working now, many thanks. One last thing. I'm in Spain, but Tenerife, where the time zone is actually same as in UK, but i think you must have set it for mainland Spain because now the roaming time is wrong by an hour. Can you set it to roaming in Tenerife? If not it's not a big deal but just asking. Most of all, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi frustrado,

I'm glad to hear that this is now working for you. We are unable to change the time zones for you as the phone will pick it up from the available network in your area, sorry.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
frustrado
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well it's working so thanks for that. It's odd about the time, however, as since I arrived here on Wednesday the roaming time was always correct (the same as in UK), but once I rebooted phone after you did whatever you did it now has the roaming time wrong (one hour late). Not a big deal, but odd.

While writing.... One last thing: later in April I'll be in Peru. Am I likely to have the same difficulty with roaming or is everything all set now?

Thanks,

Ken

Terri_P wrote:

Hi frustrado,

I'm glad to hear that this is now working for you. We are unable to change the time zones for you as the phone will pick it up from the available network in your area, sorry.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ken,

The roaming settings should be all set for other trips abroad. The settings won't change unless you request for us to alter them or change them via your online account.

Please let me know if you have any further problems. I hope you have a lovely trip to Peru.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos