Menu
Katie951
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data excess charges

I used up my mobile data for the month so I turned mobile data off and only used wifi but still somehow got charged for using it? Please help?!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile data excess charges

Hi Katie951,

did you just get charged £2 for going over on the first day your data allowance expired, before you disabled it on your device?

Once turned off in the settings on your phone, there should be no further use / charge.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Katie951
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been charged £2 on several occasions, adding up to £58! And a lot of the time it's been at about 5am when there's no chance I was even on my phone?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie951,

at 5am when you're not using your phone, it's most likely the phone's OS or Apps syncing or the updating themselves. But for this to be the case mobile data must still be enabled on your phone. Double check that you have correctly turned it off in the phone's settings.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Katie951
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It definitely has been turned off! My monthly allowance has been refreshed today but even now on my Virgin Media Mobile account when I go on my usage it is saying I've used mobile data.. it's gone from 250MB to 249MB  when I haven't had it on all day as I've been connected to wifi (I know it's not much but if this is happening everyday then it'll soon be used up)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie951,

I'm sorry to hear that you're being charged for going over your data allowance. @AlexKid is right, it sounds like there's an update running in the background via your mobile data. Has this been investigated and sorted out for you?

If you are still experiencing a problem with this, please let me know. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos