Menu
AH56
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mobile contract

I cancelled my contract with you in December so why have you taken payment this month? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile contract

Hi AH56,

whilst this forum is monitored by Virgin staff it is largely a community forum to answer questions and give advice.

As your query is account specific I recommend that you give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.
They may be able to look into this for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AH56

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience you're experiencing lately, it's certainly not something we want.

As Alex has mentioned, it would be best to give our team a call so we can clear security and discuss this information with you. Although if you're having any trouble in doing that, let us know and we'll do our best to find out what we can. You can contact the team on the numbers provided in Alex's postMan Happy

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AH56
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I rang yesterday and was told as I hadn't used my PAC code then I was given  £10 credit which no one told me about and now I have to pay, I lost my temper with the stupid woman and when my husband took the phone she had hung up,I had problems in December which is why I cancelled my contract,  no attempt was made to keep my custom so I found a better deal elsewhere!  I have decided to leave it this month but I have cancelled my direct debit, I am unwell and under a lot of stress so I don't need this. I will be taking it further if anyone dares to reinstate my direct debit as my bank has warned me that they can! I have had no problems with customer service apart from mobile phone department. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AH56

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced recently, it's not something we want for you at all.

If you're still in an agreement with us, I'd recommend contacting the team to discuss this. Is your phone still active?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you were issued a PAC code then that would have to be used in 30 days. Once the number was moved to your new network your account with Virgin would have come to an end. If not, then they assume you have decided to stay.

Is your number with Virgin still active?  If it is get another PAC code from Virgin and give it to your new supplier, most will allow you to use your code a few months into your new contract.

Your account with Virgin will close and your old number will be on your new phone.

If you simply cancel your DD then you are asking for trouble as any failed claims by Virgin will damage your credit score.

0 Kudos
AH56
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I take note of your comments but I paid the remainder of my contract and also  £5 to cover the monthly contract, I didn't use the PAC code as we decided to use the new number provided by the new provider, I was told that it expired in 30 days not that my account would remain active, surely telling Virgin mobile over the phone that I was cancelling was enough. Thank you for your information re DD it appears that they don't understand the word CANCEL, hopefully after going through all the ansaphone rubbish I might actually be lucky to speak to someone in the UK.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Customer services quite often are not the sharpest pencil in the pot.

0 Kudos
AH56
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Eureka spoke to Jewel (? correct spelling ) in disconnections yesterday and sorted! Problem was when Julie gave me code she didn't add disconnection so account was still active.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AH56,

Many thanks for keeping us updated on this matter.

As previously mentioned, the PAC code forms part of the disconnection. Most people like to keep the same number so it's a lot safer to do that or the number would have been completely lost.

Obviously you decided not to transfer the number across which meant a straight disconnect needed to be placed instead. I believe this is where the confusion has come from.

Anyway, I'm really pleased to hear you've finally got this sorted. Sorry for the confusion surrounding this once again.

Take care.

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos