Menu
Stokecity_m
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile chargers for premium texts

I've been charged £15 for texts i received that i haven't subscribed too. (£2.50 each)

How can i get a refund on my bill?

My working hours don't allow me to ring customer services.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile chargers for premium texts

Hi Stokecity_m,

first I would try to unsubscribe to avoid receiving / being charged for any more.

Texting back "STOP" or “STOP ALL” to the shortcode number should end the service.

As they are a subscription service if it is genuine you will at some point have signed up. Perhaps you did so accidentally, clicking on a link without thinking or not ticking a box somewhere.

Try entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker to see if that gives you contact information for the company and contact them directly.

Or use this site: PhonepayPlus. They are the UK regulator for premium rate services.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile chargers for premium texts

Hi Stokecity_m,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. It's great to see that AlexKid has given you detailed advice about the premium rate texts that you have received. I understand how worrying it is when you are charged for premium rate texts. 

Please have a look at our online help pages about this: A quick guide to premium messaging on your mobile.

If you would like to discuss these charges further, please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us. 

Let us know how you get on with this.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos