Menu
Menergy2015
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile abroad

Really disgusted yet again that I cannot use my mobile phone in Spain due to my phone will not connect to any network.Tried all the troubleshooting  and still nothing.Also purchased travel data that I cannot use.My friend is on Virginia pay as u go and he has same problem.I want the money I paid for the travel dated credited back to me

0 Kudos
Menergy2015
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile abroad

I have no way of calling virgin mobile or nobody ever available  on chat  option.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Menergy2015,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to here your experiencing issues roaming abroad. Appreciate this is frustrating.

You can check roaming is active when you log into Your Account.

Click on plans and devices then click the tab manage devices. Make sure roaming is set to on here. You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.If roaming is active and no barring set yet it still doesn't work please try the following steps below:

It does sound like roaming may not be active which is why you cannot connect to any network.

If it is on and you still cant connect to a network I would recommend calling our Mobile team on +447953967967 from a roaming handset or landline.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sue10
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We've been in USA for a week and still no mobile phone access and same advice given on forum to ring a number that is constantly engaged. Finally sent a link to an online form but nearly 72,hours after submitting still no response. What a useless service Virgin offer with large numbers unable to use a mobile broad they should be offering a UK only service. I'll be looking to cancel my contract as not fit for purpose when I retun home.
0 Kudos
Menergy2015
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My roaming  is ON!!! I cannot  call virgin  mobile as I have NO NETWORK. I also  have a travel data package  which I bought and I can not use either.I am back in uk on Thursday and will make complaint then..so annoyed

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Menergy2015,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm really disappointed to hear you can't connect to a network Spain.

This may be a bit late coming but if roaming hasn't been used for a while it's definitely worth turning it off and on again.

If it shows it's turned on then please turn it off. You'll get a green message saying it's worked. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos