Menu
SpecOfSand
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile System Upgrade!!

Well I re-registered after the upgrade to find that only 1 of my 3 mobile no.s was there(family no.s) but I could not  "add more no.s",  VM rep. told me VM were aware of this problem & were working on it.

Nearly 3 weeks later(this week) I accessed my account to find exactly the same, this time the VM rep. said that VMs new policy said that all mobile no.s have to have their own account with a new email address each, I told her I did not want this new policy & requested they return to how it was i.e. 1 account, 1 email address, all mobile no.s, 1 account holder & 1 bill payer. She said she understood & that there were a lot of unhappy customers & that I should leave it her to see what she could do & she would phone me the next day with feedback.

No call back happened so the following day I rang again to be told basically the same but got the impression the rep. did not know how to respond to my situation & unhappiness, again I was asked to leave it for a while & check my account in a few days maybe weeks but that she did not know what VM was planning to do about this specific problem & with regards to all the negative feedback they were getting.

Finally she said she would document my complaint & requested that I also sent a letter of complaint to VM in the UK as well.

I keep thinking of the saying  "if it ain't broke don't fix it"......... but maybe it was broke, what do we know?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile System Upgrade!!

Hi Specofsand,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're unhappy with the new online account policy.

For security purposes, it's now not possible to have all the mobile numbers under your account if any are under a different name.

You can re-register the accounts with different email addresses. For Pay Monthly numbers under the same name, you won't be able to add these to your account for the time being. You can create seperate accounts for them under different email addresses if you wish to monitor them.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SpecOfSand
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thanks for replying but said reply sounds very much the  "corporate response"  where the company states to the customer how its going to be from now on, I would expect the company to listen to what the customer(s) would like & act accordingly, if the customer request cannot be met explain why.

This is not just me complaining, this forum alone has been inundated with unhappy customers who do not want what VM are forcing us to have as part of the system update.

My family, & others from what I read, want it back as it was i.e.  1 account under 1 name, all mobile no.s the account holder initially opened/began & pays for included in the 1 account.

Surely if a family member wants a separate account they will open one &, hopefully, start paying for it?

Finally a question, I opened the 3 mobile contracts for myself, my wife & son, all were registered under my name & my account & I pay the bills for each, no matter what I do or which VM rep. I speak to I cannot put our 3 mobile no.s onto my account, as they were before the system update. Could you tell me why not please?

Secondly, when I access my account now there is 1 mobile no. on it, my sons no., both my wife's & my mobile no. have disappeared? Progress, I really do not think so.

When I explained the latter to a VM rep. I was told that I could re-register my wife & my no.s under 2 new accounts with 2 new email addresses to which I told her I did not want or need 2 more accounts as I already have one which is & should be quite adequate.

Apologies Mat I know it is not your fault but you are responding to us as a representative of VM, please would you tell the powers that be that for those customers that want it VM should allow them to have 1 account with 1 email address & all the family mobile no.s they want to be added to that main account.

Final note,  VM probably have the very best of intentions but then so do fire alarms!!

Regards,

SpecOfSand.

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Specofsand,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'll certainly pass this on to my colleagues for you.

The process was introduced as a security measue to ensure that our customers accounts have the best protection possible.

I will be up front and honest when I say unless the accounts are under the same name, it will not be possible to add them. This process is here to stay.

Any accounts under the same name that are Pay Monthly can be added to the account. At this moment in time it's not possible to do so.

I don't have a date when this change will be implemented currently.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SpecOfSand
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thanks for your input.  I do not have any more queries but I can update you & others on the forum re: the accounts issue.

I  have spoken to VM again today, but this time with Customer Services in the UK, (the Philippines VM rep. got frustrated with my questions & transferred me), the lady I spoke to was very understanding & said she was having the same problem with phone no.s missing from her account, she said there were many "experts" around today & that she would speak to one of them on my behalf & ring me back.

Some 20 mins. later she called back & basically said she was told exactly what you(Mat) said, all mobile no.s now have to have a new account & email address attached to them & that is the way it is going to be from now on!!!

I politely responded that I would like her to tell the "experts" that VM need the customers & not the other way around & that VM need to listen to said customers.

Personally I/we have decided to wait until our mobile contracts run out in August & if the situation has not changed then we will take our business to another supplier, there are many to choose from.

In the meantime we will have no access to 2 of our 3 mobile no.s online but if we have any queries I shall ring up Customer Services & ask them to check whatever query I have for me.

Maybe I should tell VM I have decided to pay for my VM services separately, i.e. a different Direct Debit possibly set up from various financial institutions for Broadband, Telephone, Television & Mobile(x3) but that would be plain silly wouldn't it?!

SpecOfSand.

thisised
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia don't listen to their customers full stop. It's why i've gone back to Sky, and soon to be leaving this awful mess of a mobile service. They will lose many many more customers soon with this quite frankly shabby service. They just want as many new customers as possible, then when you're in it's tough. Not the way to do business...

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H wrote:

Hi Specofsand,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'll certainly pass this on to my colleagues for you.

The process was introduced as a security measue to ensure that our customers accounts have the best protection possible.

I will be up front and honest when I say unless the accounts are under the same name, it will not be possible to add them. This process is here to stay.

Any accounts under the same name that are Pay Monthly can be added to the account. At this moment in time it's not possible to do so.

I don't have a date when this change will be implemented currently.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Or in other words, tough!

0 Kudos