Menu
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Sim only upgrade

I found that I had used many of my minutes on my sim only deal and when I checked online, I discovered that I had "lost" my virgin to virgin minutes, so I rang up and the nice man then said,

"If I raise a technical query it might take a week but if you upgrade the "old sim only" to a "new sim only" you would get double the data and  "virgin to virgin" would be reinstated"   Duh...no brainer  eh? So I have signed up. He then said "was I a virgin customer? The records didn't show it" Duh...years of TV phone and broadband. Somebody must have gone in and switched some buttons incl cutting off my virgin minutes but why argue.

He said if I went into the VM website this new deal was there. "Have you been near the website?" I asked. The last place you can find anything!!!!

Moral. Things go wrong for no apparent reason and certainly not your fault so keep an eye on your account. Don't expect to be told of possible upgrades you have to ask!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Sim only upgrade

Hi Off_switch

Sorry to hear that your Virgin to Virgin minutes were no longer showing on the account.

I just wanted to check if you managed to get this sorted on the call or if you still require some help with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark.

My virgin minutes have not reappeared.

I checked my account and have used say 50% of my minutes the majority being V-V!!  You can see why its annoying!

I suspect I will simply be "upgraded" (grrr!!!!) when my refresh takes place on 5 July and live with the loss of minutes. Its not a deal breaker but really really annoying!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

No change on my account so far...so I think I am right in that it will happen next week but I did find the "new" deal on your site! I wish I could understand why  it is so difficult to find out any deal thats going with VM.

Please improve your website!  I suppose the motto is to keep looking at your website and HOPE that you keep yourself up to speed!!! 

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So here I am after a week of losing my virgin minutes and my refresh day arrives...yes its all there....500mb 250 mins and my V-V calls!

So it did take a week anyway! 

Moral- Keep an eye on your account screens!!!!!

0 Kudos