Menu
Paul_J_Smith
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Signal Strength - NONE

Hi, 

I've just moved house and will shortly be setting up in business working from home. 

In doing so, I thought that it would make sense to switch my mobile to Virgin as we currently have all of their other services.

The issue I now have is that I get zero signal strength using my mobile - no bars - no reception.

I need my mobile at all times as the majority of my customers contact me on my mobile.

Is there anything that I can do or a service that Virgin provides which will give me reception in my area?

Kind Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Signal Strength - NONE

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your mobile signal isn't very good at your new house.

Is there another mobile phone in your property?

Does that get any signal?

You can check the signal strength of your area here. Please be aware it only shows outdoor coverage as we can never guarantee a signal indoors.

If you're using the mobile for business then why not look at our business packages here.

Please let me know and I'll happily assist further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do this test ,,, (1) take your sim out and give it a wipe then put it back in the handset if still the same issue try changing it from 3g to 2g if still nothing continue to step (2) take sim out put that sim in another handset and see if you can get a signal on both 2g and 3g if you can this means your sim needs replacing if you cannot get any signal on that handset that means its either your handset or the signal maybe even both 

Paul_J_Smith
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Many thanks for the replies :-)

In response :

* Is there another mobile phone in your property - YES, my wife is also with Virgin and has the same issue.

* Does that get any signal - NO, as above.

I've checked the signal strength indicator but as you say, it's from inside the house that we have the issue. In fact, even 20 feet from my house I can only ever achieve 1 bar on my LG G3 Mobile that I've just acquired from Virgin on my new contract.

Will the business package give me a guaranteed 4G signal ?

Can I retain the same mobile number or will I have to get a new business number ? 

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok you done the diagnostics, It sounds then likely to be what your building is made from, Is there any dips around your way or hills, Even high sided building can cause issues, I would try for a swap in phone I am sure VM will be able to help you with this issue

0 Kudos
Paul_J_Smith
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's a 60 year old property of brick construction.

It lies in a shallow valley.

As I asked before, will the business plan give me guaranteed coverage ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It's very difficult to say whether you'll get a guaranteed signal. It's quite possible your property is restricting it. You can check your 4G coverage here.

I've checked with the business team and they've confirmed you would be able to keep your number. The minimum number of mobiles they accept is 250. This may not be plausible for you if it's just you running the business.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos