Menu
aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Service Issues

Hi,

For the past few hours I've been unable to receive texts or calls to my Virgin Mobile number, I seem to be able to send texts out and call out but incoming texts don't arrive and incoming callers get a recorded message saying this number is currently unavailable.

I've switched the phone into airplane mode and back again and rebooted the phone completely, after both it seemed to take a long time to connect back to the network but it did in both cases but I still can't receive incoming texts or calls.

There are no reported faults on EE's network in my area and I can't find the Virgin Mobile Service Checker so I thought I'd try the forums to see if anybody else is affected.

Cheers,

aderrose.

0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Service Issues

Did you call Virgin Mobile CS?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderrose,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a problem with your mobile service. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? Were you able to get in touch with our team by calling inn as @szaman81 suggested?

Please let me know if you are still having a problem with this and I'll be happy to look into this for you. 

Also, the Virgin Mobile Service Checker can be found here: Coverage Checker

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
aderrose
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, for some reason the first notification email never arrived.

The issue had resolved itself overnight and despite random short dropouts is seems better now.

I'm in a good 4G coverage area with line of sight to the mast so that shouldn't be an issue, (it's partly why I chose Virgin Mobile in the first place).

I use OpenSignal to track coverage wherever I go and 99.9% of it's tests report 4G, that's why this drop out seemed odd.

Many Thanks,

aderrose.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderrose

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad the issue appears to have resolved itself.

Please get back in touch if you do experience any further issues though.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos