Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5 (89 Views)

Mobile Roaming France

My son is using his mobile under my contract near Paris, France. He says his friends are able to "roam" but the people using Virgin Mobile cannot get any data....

Is there anything that I can do? I've read the other forum threads / suggestions.

He is trying the "manual" network suggestion - but has also tried switching off / switching back on and still not possible.

If I go into my account and then plan & device  https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/plandeviceoverview - I get "Oops something has gone wrong..." I don't know if this is the problem, VM's web service has gone down and not able to confirm the Roaming service?? Or this is not relevant - in which case the "help" section on Virgin Mobile pages is out of date. Whatever pretty poor show when compared to a network provider like O2 and Vodafone. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (131 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by forshawj
Tuesday

Re: Mobile Roaming France

Bonjour forshawj,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear your son can't using data roaming in France.

I've tried that link and it works fine for me. Maybe there was a temporary glitch earlier, or it could be account specific, either way I can't say for sure.

Following our interaction via private message, it'd be great to hear from you to make sure all is working now.

FAS52 - I've replied to your post here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Joining in
Message 2 of 5 (83 Views)

I have no service from Virgin since I left the Uk on 15th July all the settings are correct it all very well removing the charges however no service not happy.

Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (132 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by forshawj
Tuesday

Bonjour forshawj,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear your son can't using data roaming in France.

I've tried that link and it works fine for me. Maybe there was a temporary glitch earlier, or it could be account specific, either way I can't say for sure.

Following our interaction via private message, it'd be great to hear from you to make sure all is working now.

FAS52 - I've replied to your post here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5 (61 Views)

Thank you Rich.

Yes I take back my comments previously Smiley Happy

After activating data services it works fine. Now I don't know if implicitly this should have worked and one of those MES things (Mysteriously Electrical S&it stuff ..), or in fact the onus is on us to contact Virgin Media BEFORE travelling. I can leave that with you Smiley Wink All I know it is working and my son is very happy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (4 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi forshawj,

That's excellent news Smiley Happy knew it was something simple.

If you need me again then just post and I'll come across as soon as I can.

Take care.

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos