Menu
SusanLHarvey
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Repair

Not a happy customer, my daughters phone will not be repaired by virgin due to scratches on the handset, this makes the warranty void.  I can pay £120 to bring it back into warranty.  The repair is a software issue nothing to do with the handset.  I pay Virgin about £150 per month for three mobile phones, broadband, TV, land line and a PAYG phone.  I am seriously considering leaving and taking all my business elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Repair

How bad is the cosmetic damage? Bad enough to make the handset hazardous to work with? (Such as a cracked screen.)
0 Kudos
SusanLHarvey
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No cracked screen. Phone is not back yet, I am think it's scratches on the side where the metal is (Samsung s5mini). Nevertheless, thd me problem was not cosmetic as didn't even know they were there, it was a software issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi SusanLHarvey,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that your phones warranty is void. I want to look into this for you to see what's happened.

When you get the phone back, there should be a note explaining the damage. If the cosmetic damage is considered severe enough, it'll void the warranty.

Let me know how it looks when you get back and we'll look into it for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi SusanLHarvey,

How's this looking for you currently?

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help to get this sorted. I'm here if you need me.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
SusanLHarvey
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mat,

Thanks for the reply. I finally received the phone back last Friday after no contact from Virgin other than me calling  Technical support about the repair and the return.  I called last Monday and was told about the repair not bein done due to the cosmetic damage to the handset.  We agreed to close the repair and return the phone to me, I called again on Wednesday to find out where the phone was as I had still not had any communication from the repairers.  I was then told the request had not reached the repairers and that the phone would be returned asap to me.  Upon its return on Friday, it had been away and not being used for over a week, with no communication from Virgin other than me initiating communication, despite me giving an alternative number as a contact as the phone and sim would be inactive.  Low and behold upon the return of the phone and sim being inserted text messages were received about the repairer!  After receiving the handset back, which by the was switched on, not a safe was to be transported in my opinion.  We have inspected the handset and we believe that Virgin are just trying to recoup money from a loyal customer so they can justify any repair.  My daughters last phone was repaired with a month to go on her last contract and that Samsung phone was slightly damaged and had be in receipt of a new screen but was still repaired and no extra cost to me. 
It is my intention to visit my local Samsung shop to seek advice from them about the handset and possible software issue (the reason for the repair in the first place). 

Please also bear in mind that my daughters phone was inactive for over a week, so I have paid for that usage on the contract, however, if the repairers had of contacted me on the alternative number I gave them on the sheet then the handset would have probably been returned to me earlier.

Needless to say, I and still a unhappy customer for many reasons now not just for Virgin trying to get out of repairing a contract phone for free!  I am doubtful that the three contracts our household have with virgin will be renewed next year.  So far I have avoided calling anyone on 789 as I feel the call centre is incompetent as I have to explain my problem too many times to make people understand the issues and also found a few operatives quite rude to me.

Thanks for all your help Mat

Susan Harvey 

0 Kudos
SusanLHarvey
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin,
It is my understanding that this had been escalated to a complaint. However, I only know this by contacting virgin about the mobile phone myself today. I await a call about said complaint...not holding my breath though!! Customer care was shocking again today. Still a not happy customer with a still faulty phone!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susan,

Thanks for keeping me posted on the progress of your complaint Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the issue is still ongoing, it's not something that we like to see. Please continue to keep me updated with how you're getting on.

I'm here if you need me.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
SusanLHarvey
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mat.
Still no response from virgin, I am now considering contacting Samsung direct.
Thanks for maintaining contact unlike customer service at 789.
Regards
Susan
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear that you've not heard from us just yet.

I want to chase this up for you. Are you able to PM me your mobile number, full name and 3 characters of your password? You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the message me option on the right hand side.

Let me know once you've sent this over.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos